- Effective January 1, 2018 we're looking for Youth Enrichment Partners (YEP!), which supports Milwaukee area youth, ages 15-24 who encounter challenges while completing High School, GED or Adult High School. YEP will allow us to help in the areas of mentoring & leadership, hands on business skills along with the importance of giving back to the community. This partnership will provide hope to youth in several ways as they in turn will assist with the development of CBCGC, Inc. Together we can sow a seed of hope into the lives of others. Iron Sharpens Iron!
- Welcome Tri-City National Bank (Leadership Development Program) Oak Creek location as one of our new Community Partners. We're looking forward to working with the volunteers!
- Our Giving Circle is complete from 2017 as we prepare to Celebrate our 7th Annual Grant Awards & Appreciation Brunch in February 2018. We're looking forward to honoring all recipients and show appreciation to all the Givers in the Circle.
- YEP! Family Night Skating with Cynthia on March 22, 2018. Cost is $25 for a family of 5, which includes: admission, skate rental, and a large pizza. Contact our office for location details at 414-828-8689.
- Welcome to our new Board of Directors (effective April 1, 2018): Abbie Ajibola a retired MATC Instructor (survivor) and Tonya Hudson an Assistant Manager with Educators Credit Union. These ladies bring a wealth of knowledge and we are excited to have them be a part of our team!
- Attend Barbara Vey's 7th Annual Readers Appreciation Luncheon April 27 - April 29, 2018; Our Giving Circle was selected to benefit from the proceeds that will be raised from the raffle basket drawings. Join us! Click on link: 2018 Reader Appreciation Weekend
- This month completed 3 months at JMAC volunteering: Cynthia enjoyed mentioning the young ladies at James Madison Academic Campus - JMAC (her alumni school); she's looking forward to an on-going volunteer MPS Partnership come August 2018.
- June 23, 2018: 7th Annual Zumba Party Fundraiser. Join us for the party with 3 amazing Zumba instructors: Sherry, Lillian, and Nelly! Venue: Brown Deer Novak Family Field House, 10am - 12pm. General admission is $15 in advance and $20 on event day. Light refreshments will be provided. Purchase 5 tickets or more and your name will be entered into a special drawing for a special prize(s). On-line tickets are available now through Eventbrite and tickets available at the home office go on sale May 14. Call our office at (414) 828-8689, if interested. See you at the party!
Milestone Moments: CBCGC, Inc. received its' First Grant, which was applied for and provided by Neurotech, LLC. This grant will help us to obtain equipment and materials to further the Operations of the organization. Special thanks to Neurotech, LLC for their generous grant!
Also, CBCGC, Inc. reached a milestone moment on July 8, 2018. As a "Community of Givers" the Financial Assistance Program has provided over $100,000.00 to cancer patients in need.
- August 18, 2018 - 6th Annual "Walking to Give" Fundraiser, it's an enjoyable time for family, freinds, and the community to come together and get in some great exercise for the cause. The walk takes place at Brown Deer Park Boathouse Pavilion Milwaukee, WI from 10am - 12pm as we walk around the large lagoon at our own pace (1, 3, or 5 miles). Register by August 3 and receive a FREE hat when you purchase a t-shirt. Also, the event is on Eventbrite.
SAVE THE DATE: October 23, 2018 - "Best Bra Contest" Fundraiser, 3rd Party Event hosted by: the Brown Deer Jr. Woman's Club. More details to come.
SAVE THE DATE: November 9, 2018 - "Diskothek" by Unter Fashion Show Fundraiser, 3rd Party Event hosted by: Hair Stylist John Kowalkowski. More details to come.